An increasing number of couples are choosing to buck the trend of having a traditional wedding and turning to countries far away from home. One of the main reasons destination weddings have become so popular is that they offer something a little different as well as providing couples with a wedding to remember.
If you long to get married somewhere other than your hometown, there are thousands of destinations to choose from. To help you narrow down your options, here are a few of the most inspiring.
- Vail Mountain, Vail, Colorado – Many couples dream of exchanging their vows on a sandy beach with the sea lapping at their feet, but why not tie the knot at a location that feels like you’re on top of the world? Vail Mountain has its own Wedding Deck that’s built into the mountain, from which your wedding guests can enjoy the ceremony.
- Castello Di Vicarello, Cinigiano, Italy – Enjoy the Italian charm of this hilltop country castle in Tuscany. If it’s a romantic fairytale wedding that you’re after, then this stunning location surely fits the bill.
- Molenvliet Wine and Guest Estate, Stellenbosch, South Africa – Does a vineyard venue sound interesting? There are certainly many to choose from as almost every country in the world has a selection of vineyards. This particular wedding venue is a short drive from Cape Town and provides you with a magical feel.
- Rockhouse Hotel, Negril, Jamaica – What makes this location stand out is the place where you get to declare your love forever. Walk from opposite sides of a wooden bridge and come together in the middle. This is one of many gorgeous locations if you want a destination wedding in Jamaica.
- New York Public Library, New York City – If it’s something unusual you’re looking for then consider holding your wedding ceremony surrounded by millions of books in the New York Public Library. It’s certainly not the most obvious of locations in which to tie the knot. As well as more books than you could ever want to read, majestic marble interiors and towering ceilings surround you.
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India – On your wedding day why shouldn’t you feel like a princess? In this stunning location that’s just how you’ll feel. As if the palace-like surroundings weren’t enough, you and your guests have to arrive by boat.
- Vaux Le Vicomte, Maincy, France – You and your guests will feel like royalty in the 17th-century French castle. Take a stroll back through history together with up to 400 guests. You can add to the opulence with a firework display to finish off the day.
- The Old Royal Naval College, London – Is romance on the cards for your special day? It’s the breathtaking architecture that will make your day really special. There are two places at this location where you can say “I do.” The first is The Painted Hall which is recognized as one of the finest dining halls in Europe, or Admiral’s House if you prefer a more intimate and traditional location.